It takes the time, energy and efforts of many individuals in our community to envision, build, and support a project like this. We are grateful to the many women and men in Gaston County and the surrounding area who have dedicated their days, evenings and weekends to make the Gaston Aquatics Center a reality.
- Donna Taylor – President: (Attorney, Medical Office Manager, Insurance Specialist)
- J. L. “Trey” Taylor III – Vice President: (Age Group Coach for the Gaston Gators/Head Coach for the Gators Masters, NC Masters Chair, USMS National Coaches Committee)
- Angie Bloomfield – Secretary: (IT Specialist with Caromont, Social Media Expert, Former Collegiate Swimmer)
- Britton Tabor – Treasurer: (American Air Pilot, Former Set Construction Specialist)
- Dr. David A. Major M.D.– Member at Large: (Cardiologist with CaroMont Heart)
- Charles J. Niemeyer Jr. P.A.– Member at Large: (Physicians’ Assistant (PA) at Carolina Orthopedic, Former Collegiate Swimmer)
- Craig C. Kluttz – Member at Large: Retired Market President/Senior Vice President in Commercial Banking
- Penny L. Talley – Member at Large: Small Business Owner, USA Swimming Certified Coach
- Barbara Myers – Emeritus: (Gaston Community Volunteer)
- Cam Barnett: Barnett Real Estate
- Will Windley: Sr. VP at Merrill Lynch/Bank of America
- Barbara Voorhees: Recently retired Executive Director of the Glenn Foundation
- Michael Applegate: Executive Director of Gaston County Travel and Tourism
- Amy Spencer: Executive Director of the Gaston County Education Foundation and high school assistant swim coach
- Angela Harris: Member of the Executive Committee of the CaroMont Health Foundation’s WOW (Women Optimizing Wellness) and sustaining member of the Gastonia-Piedmont Chapter, Jack and Jill of America, Inc.
- Mary Frances Forrester: Parliamentarian, former member of both the CaroMont Health Board and the CaroMont Health Foundation Board
- Jeff Cash: Town of Cherryville Fire Chief, Cherryville Town Manager, and member of the CaroMont Health Board of Directors
- Suzanne Riley: Retired middle school/high school science teacher and retired director of Science Education for Gaston County Public Schools; current member of the Gaston College Board of Directors
- Steve Harrison: Retired Sales Executive and current Vice President of the Board of Keep Gastonia Beautiful.